Puneet Agrawal, Founder Editor
Puneet is a partner at ALA Legal and his field of specialization is indirect taxes. He has handled matters of clients from diverse industries and has represented them before various courts and tribunals. Puneet has dealt with almost all the VAT laws in India and has argued before number of high courts and tribunals. Currently he is heading GST advisory and litigation services of ALA Legal and is providing services to the largest MNCs and PSUs.
Puneet has been involved in some of the land mark cases in High Courts and Tribunals – such as
- “Customs Circulars denying refund if SAD paid by using DEPB scrips were quashed Allen diesels case“
- “whether the State is competent to levy State excise on goods manufactured but exported outside the State – Held yes and hence exempt from VAT in industry matter titled as Gwalior Alcobrew
- “no service tax on builders – judgment of Delhi High Court in Suresh Kumar Bansal case”
- “VAT in a builder’s transaction be only on the value of materials – judgment of P&H High Court in CHD Developers case”
- “Input tax credit available on DEPB Scrips – Delhi High Court judgment in Jagriti Plastics case”
- “Law relating to compounding of offences under Sales Tax – Delhi High Court judgment in Jupiter Exports case”
Puneet holds an honours degree in commerce from the Sri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University. He completed his law from the Delhi University. He has also done Chartered Accountancy and is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). He was meritorious in Chartered Accountancy and was awarded scholarships by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Puneet has been actively involved in training and lecturing at various forums of ICAI . He was felicitated by ICAI for “Commendable Contribution to the Profession”. He was also awarded as ‘Upcoming Speaker’ by NIRC of ICAI consecutively for the years 2011-12 and 2012-13. Puneet has been a member of the VAT Study Group and the Service tax study group of the NIRC of ICAI, and also the GST Study Group of the Indirect Taxes Committee of the ICAI.
He may be directly contacted at: email@example.com; +91-9891898911
Dipankar Majumdar, Editor
Dipankar is Consulting-in-Charge at ALA Legal, Kolkata and has been associated with the firm since 2012. He has keen interest and diversified experience in Indirect Taxes (litigation & advisory) and Competition Law. Being associated with the firm he has handled a number of high-value and voluminous indirect tax litigations. He has also conducted a number of indirect tax reviews and has been regularly involved in knowledge training of client teams. He was also associated with a Big 4 tax firm where he has worked with a number of MNCs for provision of Indirect Tax Services such as support in Assessments, Audits and Appeals, Compliances, Indirect Tax Reviews, Management Reporting and Restructuring of systems such as ERP implementation, etc.
Currently he is working on a number of MNCs and PSUs for GST implementation, advisory and litigation. He is also a regular speaker on GST at various events organized by professional and trade bodies.
He may be directly contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org; +91-9717359398
Team ALA Legal
The team of professionals at ALA Legal regularly support the blog by submitting articles and write-ups for the blog.