June 25, 2021, marks the completion of 46 years post imposition of Emergency in India, which is still considered as one of the darkest chapters in the history of this country. At ALA Legal, we held an enriching group discussion as to who all failed us as a nation and what needs to be learnt as a nation and society in order to bring a fresh leap of life in our Motherland: Bharat.
Who failed us:
All those who were made responsible be it the Ministers, the President, the legal consultants advising the PM and the Supreme Court of India, all failed the country and its people.
It was concluded that this failure of those who were responsible is reflective of the “tamed society” conditioned and traumatized to hundreds of years of foreigner’s slavery [Khiljis, Mughals, British, etc.]. Had the society nurtured the feeling of collectiveness and duty before self, this individual centric devastation would not have happened.
Learnings [A reboot we need]:
- Education: An overhaul of our education system which should cover all aspects of life – physical, material, intellectual, emotional, moral and spiritual.
- Togetherness as a nation: Reignition of patriotism in each and every individual, a feeling of mutual love and sense of unity.
- Changes at family level: We need to teach patriotism, ancient traditions, stories of great men, and the stories of self to our children, right at home. This can be done by narrating stories, reading and encouraging the children at home to read.
- The heroics of our warriors like Maharana Pratap, Rana Sanga, Raja Raja Chola, Rani Lakshmibai, Shivaji needs to be kindled in our younger generation.
- We need to spread the works of our freedom fighters.
- The stories from the holy Ramayana, the Mahabharata, and the Upanishads etc are to be linked to real life.
- Transmission of the traditional culture: We need to inculcate the importance of our festivals and traditions in younger generation. They are to be taught the scientific aspects of invocation of subtle energy, the
- law of creation, the law of transmutation of energy, etc.
Some Photos from the Discussion: